Monday, January 01, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!






Will is now 5 days old and has been home for 3 days and 2 nights. Parenthood is definitely something to adjust to, but I also can't believe how much I love this little booger. The first night was hard because Will did not want to be put down at all. Ellis and I switched off who held him throughout the night, so we were so tired Sunday. Grandma came and held him Sunday morning so Mommy & Daddy could get some sleep! :) But he has since gotten used to the house and now lets us put him down after he falls asleep. He is asleep in his pack n play right now. :)
Nursing continues to go really well. I'm happy that his pediatrician recommended we use a pacifier. It really kicks in his calming reflex, and Will has no trouble figuring out which nipple gives him food! Speaking of his pediatrician - Dr. Castles is wonderful! He checked on us each morning in the hospital and, after I checked in Sunday morning with a nurse in his office, he called me Sunday afternoon to find out how things are going. How many doctors would call on a Sunday on New Year's Eve day?? He said he would call me tomorrow morning to make sure things continue to go well. I just know Ellis and I picked the right doctor to look over little Will. (Thank you so much for the rec. Jennifer!!!!)
As many of you know, I never changed a single diaper before Will was born. The first one was in the hospital with Grandma and his daddy - and we did not do too bad except I was so nervous because Will just cried and cried. But I must say I'm already an expert at getting those diapers changed. Will absolutely hates it but he calms down right toward the end because he knows he is about to get some milk! (We usually change his diaper when he wakes up to eat.)
Anyway - those are a few updates on Will. He is just the sweetest thing -- I could stare at him for hours, and often do!!
Nanny is coming down to stay with us tomorrow for a few days, which I know will be a good relief for both Ellis and I to do some "normal" things around the house.
(By the way - I think Will looks JUST like his Daddy. I think he has Ellis's eyes and lips but possibly my nose.)



4 comments:

Marie said...

Oh yay! I was hoping there would be some new pictures up but wasn't expecting you guys to find time so soon to post them!! Isn't it funny how an entire day can pass and all you feel like you've done is stare at your baby?? I love it. Will is such a cutie! I love the smiling picture!! I'm so glad nursing is going so well and that you love your pediatrician! Call me when you get a chance!! :)

Jennifer said...

Yay for the update! I am so glad everything is going so well!!! And, I knew you would love Dr. Castles...I'm sad he's not still our pediatrician!

Mary said...

What a cutie! I love seeing the pictures of him and am so glad to hear that nursing is going well. I'm ready to be home now!! Can't wait to meet him. Yeah, his eyes and mouth really do look like Ellis!

Julie said...

Oh Emily, he is BEAUTIFUL (despite looking like Ellis:)!) I know you do stare at him for hours...I would too. I am so glad to get an update and see new pictures. It sounds like you are adjusting well and getting some good help.

We can't wait to see all 3 of you soon!