Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Fun Weekend With All the Boys

This weekend Will's friends from the upstate came to visit. I really think Will had tons of fun watching the kids play and just observing everything. Little Alex came down with Jennifer and Travis and Charlie and big Alex came down with Julie and Josh. We had a wonderful time with everyone. It was fun chaos at our house for 2 days. Our house was unbelievably quiet after everyone left this morning (amazing how loud it can be with a 5 yr old, two almost 2 year olds and Will).

Will was a wonderful baby. He hardly cried (expect at the zoo) and went to sleep from 8 until about 2:30 so Mom and Dad could hang out with their friends and have some much needed "grown-up" time.

First, we all met at the zoo. It was super hot, so Will did not sleep long in his stroller. For a short while, he had fun out in the sun staring at everyone . . .
But he quickly got very irritable. After I found some shade and a cool breeze, Will passed out in my arms. He stayed asleep there as I carred him out of the zoo, on to the tram to the botanical gardens and out of the gardens to the car. Whew! What a workout for me! But he was so adorable the whole time - it was worth it.
At our house, Will was in a great mood just soaking in all the noise and fun around him.

Ellis and I are already looking forward to the next time we can all get together again! :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Will did seem to really enjoy all the excitement! He is the sweetest baby and I am so glad we got to spend some time with him (and y'all too, of course.)

Jennifer said...

I love those pictures!

We had so much fun!!!

Let's start planning the next FOL convention!