PLEASE don't let me jinx myself by telling everyone about my baby's wonderful sleeping habits ...but its been over a week ago and I am so proud of him --
We now have a bed time routine of bathtime, change into pajamas, bottle and bed. Will is asleep by 8pm every night, and sometimes as early as 7pm if he is really tired and we need to do the routine earlier. Will loves bathtime. He is finally starting not to just stare at himself in the bathroom mirror the entire time with this pensive look on his face. He is beginning to look more at me, the water, and finding out how he can splash a whole lot and make Mom yell if he kicks his legs really fast. Its too cute.
After bedtime (PLEASE don't let me jinx myself!) he usually sleeps until about 2 or 3am. Ellis gets up to feed him, and Will goes fairly quickly back to sleep for him. Then, I wake up with him - usually between 5:30 and 6:00 am. All of us now get a good bit of sleep! Yea!!!!!!
Will is still sleeping in his car seat, but I don't think that will change anytime soon. He naps in his swing, usually. I talked with the nurse at his pediatrician's office - and she said some babies just like the confinement. Her granddaughter slept in a car seat until she was about 9 months old. She assured me it was nothing to really worry about, so I am not going to rush Will anymore. If he doesn't want to sleep in his crib, then that is okay, as long as he sleeps! The picture above is his classic sleeping position. Legs pulled up like a frog and hands on knees. That is the way my baby sleeps every night!
Who knew, when I bought the crib and matching sheets and bumper and such, that the car seat would be his bed and the receiving blankets would be his sheets!! :) Too funny!
(Cross your fingers our nights of blissful peace continue!)
We now have a bed time routine of bathtime, change into pajamas, bottle and bed. Will is asleep by 8pm every night, and sometimes as early as 7pm if he is really tired and we need to do the routine earlier. Will loves bathtime. He is finally starting not to just stare at himself in the bathroom mirror the entire time with this pensive look on his face. He is beginning to look more at me, the water, and finding out how he can splash a whole lot and make Mom yell if he kicks his legs really fast. Its too cute.
After bedtime (PLEASE don't let me jinx myself!) he usually sleeps until about 2 or 3am. Ellis gets up to feed him, and Will goes fairly quickly back to sleep for him. Then, I wake up with him - usually between 5:30 and 6:00 am. All of us now get a good bit of sleep! Yea!!!!!!
Will is still sleeping in his car seat, but I don't think that will change anytime soon. He naps in his swing, usually. I talked with the nurse at his pediatrician's office - and she said some babies just like the confinement. Her granddaughter slept in a car seat until she was about 9 months old. She assured me it was nothing to really worry about, so I am not going to rush Will anymore. If he doesn't want to sleep in his crib, then that is okay, as long as he sleeps! The picture above is his classic sleeping position. Legs pulled up like a frog and hands on knees. That is the way my baby sleeps every night!
Who knew, when I bought the crib and matching sheets and bumper and such, that the car seat would be his bed and the receiving blankets would be his sheets!! :) Too funny!
(Cross your fingers our nights of blissful peace continue!)
No comments:
Post a Comment