Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Out and About
I love spring and warm weather. I am so happy it is finally here (well ... just about anyway). Will and I have gotten out of the house a lot this past week. I have grown more and more confident being with him. It started on Sunday a week ago when we took Will to church for the first time. He did great - slept through the entire service in his car seat on the pew in between Ellis and me. Then, last Tuesday, Will and I met Gwen and sweet Clare at the zoo. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time with them, walking around the zoo and the botanical gardens. Then, we had lunch at Atlanta Bread, which was the very first "public" meal I had with Will accompanying me. It was all non-eventful for Will - he slept through everything!
The rest of last week I ran lots of errands on my own with Will. For the most part, he just sleeps through everything. But when he is awake, I've learned I can handle him, for the most part. Saturday was a beautiful day, so Ellis and I went to Sandhills with Will in tow. We had lunch together and then walked around, doing a little shopping. Even ended up feeding Will on a park bench as we watched people walk by. Again, Will slept most of the time, fussing only to eat. The freedom and confidence-building is invigorating.
Today, we went with Grandma to do some more shopping so I could finally buy some new clothes!! I have not bought any new clothes for myself in almost a year - other than maternity wear. It was fun to be able to shop again at my favorite store - Ann Taylor Loft. :)
Tomorrow, Will turns 11 weeks old. It is hard for me to believe that he will be 3 months old next week! Even harder is to believe that I only have 2 1/2 weeks of maternity leave left. I am very ready to get back, and yet, I cannot believe I won't be spending every day with my son anymore.
BUT - on two great notes. First, Ellis and I suddenly realized this weekend that he still has 2 weeks of paternity leave left. He got 5 weeks, and we decided back in December that it would be better for him to take 3 weeks at the beginning and then save the last 2 for right before I went back to work. So, this is really my last week alone with Will. I can't wait for the three of us to have 2 full weeks together!!
Second, Grandma has WONDERFULLY agreed to watch Will the first week of April when I return to work. It is a tremendous relief to Ellis and I that we can make this transition a little smoother. We'll have a week to get used to both of us working before we have to figure out how to get Will out the door too. (Grandma is coming here to watch Will that week.) Plus, Will will be a little older before he starts day care - he'll be 14 1/2 weeks. I feel like every week he can get before starting, the better. Ellis and I are so thankful Grandma is going to help out. (And I know Will is really looking forward to all the rocking she will do with him!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! so happy to hear you are getting comfy with toting him around. it just gets easier all the time and you're already a pro....you just don't know it yet. he'll be starting daycare at a great time. getting warmer and cold and flu season, for the most part, almost over. ENJOY your 2 weeks as a family before you go back!!!!
Post a Comment