Today, Ellis and I learned the meaning of s$#%ting up the back! OH MY GOD WHAT A MESS! Will was peacefully sleeping this morning in his car seat. He woke up at 12 crying and WHEW did we smell something not very good! Now, the boy has been having some not-so-pleasant farts lately, so at first I didn't think it was anything to worry about. But I told Ellis to take him upstairs and change him anyway, and he asked for me to come with him because Will was fussing so much. THANK GOD THERE WERE TWO OF US!!
I think numbers are the best way to recount this "episode" without grossing everyone out entirely:
1 really really really dirty diaper
1 outfit completely soiled
1 changing table cover that became soild after dirty diaper came off
1 burp cloth that got dirty to keep the "dirt" from further going all over Will's back
1 wall that got peed on
1 dresser that got peed on
1 bath needed to clean the boy
4 washcloths used to clean the boy
45 minutes it took to ultimately "change" his diaper
2 totally grossed out parents
0 the amount of prune juice I intend on giving him in the future!!
Ah - parenthood! :)
Saturday, March 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Welcome to the club, my sistah. These are the moments that define parenthood (although certainly not the sweetest ones). :)
That prune juice is a tricky thing! We had to figure out the EXACT amount that would allow for 1-2 poops a day without blowouts and without her being in pain. Remind me to tell you the story about the day we went to do the walk through of our house and exchange keys with the owners...let's just say Sydney and I both didn't meet everyone in the same clothes we drove up in. Thank goodness the prior owner had kids!
Oxy Clean is amazing stuff!
Post a Comment