Friday, April 06, 2007

Books!

Will is becoming more and more alert each day. Last weekend, we noticed that Will is starting to watch the television when we sit with him on the couch (yikes!). I bought him an Einstein Video to give it a try - and he loved it!! He sat in his bumpo on the coffee table in the living room and just smiled and cooed at all the pictures and music. It was too cute. We are saving the video for just once in a while and becoming more conscious about our tv watching around him. Although right now, I'm sure it is all just lights and sound to him that is fascinating.

Since he was starting to pay attention to the video, last night I grabbed one of his books at nighttime to see if he would pay attention to it. And he did!! It made me smile huge when he smiled at the pictures! It was "Thats Not My Monster" that my friend Nici gave me. (Thanks Nici!) He loved all the bright colors - particularly the big pink monster. :)

Of course, today I ran out and bought a bunch of books, including "Thats Not My Dinosaur" and "Thats Not My Tractor." I love being able to cuddle up to him on a chair and flip through a book with him. I knew bedtime reading would be a moment I would treasure with him before he was even born! And now we finally get to start.

1 comment:

The Comers said...

you're so welcome. "that's not my princess" is a favorite at my house. :) my girls love to read and i credit that to reading to them early and often. have fun!