Poor little William. His cold has turned into a pretty bad ear infection. He was crying inconsolably at day care on Thursday, and Ellis and I almost took him to the doctor then. But he did not have a fever and otherwise seemed okay, and just before I was ready to leave for the doctor - they fed him a bottle and he was fine the rest of the day. But Friday morning Will was in his bouncy seat, watching me get ready for work, smiling and playing. All of a sudden he just screamed and screamed and would not stop! I quickly decided not to go to work and made an appointment with this doctor.
And the doctor said he had a really bad infection in his right ear. He was surprised Will never ran a temperature from it. So, we've had the second weekend in a row where one of us in this family is not doing well. (I hate that we have missed another beautiful weekend!)
Nanny was in town and, although I hate that Will was not completely himself for her visit, it was wonderful to have her around to help us with him.
Overall, Will has done pretty good with this ear infection. He still sleeps at night, for the most part. (For once, its a great thing he sleeps in his car seat because it keeps his head elevated.) The antibiotic is making his tummy hurt a good bit, which brings on straight screaming for about 30 minutes or more - but its just once or so a day.
I did treat Will by running to the store and getting him a Jumperoo. He LOVES it!
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awwww...poor little guy! I hate that he has his first ear infection. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon and he'll feel better quickly! I know with Anna I always made sure she had something in her tummy before I gave her the antibiotic to help it digest better. Hang in there. He looks like he's taking it all in stride!!
Post a Comment