Monday, April 16, 2007

One of the hardest things I ever had to do...

We dropped Will off at school today. I must admit that I felt a-okay about it until this morning when I had to let go of him to put him in his car seat. Then, I started to feel a little sick (and, yeah, a tear or two broke free). Thankfully, I did not cry when we dropped him off, and although I still have this pit in my stomach, I feel a lot better about where he is. See -- Ellis is the business administrator for the church where Will is in day care. So Daddy is working right across the parking lot, and he promised he would check in on Will a bunch. I also know the Child Care Director well, and I trust Will with Missy completely. :) Besides hiring a nanny, it really is the perfect situation for us as far as child care is concerned. So, I know I need to take a deep breath and realize it really, really is going to be okay.

I peeked in on him twice before I left this morning. Once, he was rocking in a chair in someone's arms, staring at all the kids. The next time he was kicking and playing on a play mat.

Oh!! And get this!! Last night, Will ate at 6pm, was asleep by 8pm with little effort, and slept until 6:30!!! I woke up to my alarm clock first for the first time since before he was born. Go Will! (Again, I think he is a boy genius and heard us talk about day care. When he heard us talk about Mommy going back to work, he made sure we got no sleep. But when he heard about the big day he was going to have, he wanted to get as much sleep as possible!)

I can't wait until 4:30/5:00 rolls around so I can go scoop him up and kiss him bunches!

1 comment:

Christa said...

He'll really start to sleep better once he starts school...all of the action wears them out! Glad he is doing well!