Sunday, April 15, 2007

Growing Up

This weekend I realized that my little baby was not a little newborn anymore. He starts his first day of school tomorrow (at day care), and turns 4 months old on Wednesday. Thanks to his Gamma and Gampa (sorry, Mom & Dad - I just like that better than Grandma and Grandpa), he did not have to start day care until he was 4 months old. It makes me feel so much better about sending him there now. And I know Will had fun at Gamma's Day Care!

But I spent this weekend buying my boy new clothes because he had grown out of just about everything he owned. I filled a big, plastic, storage container with clothes, swaddle-me blankets, sleeping sacks, etc that he can't use anymore. It was hard to see some of those clothes go away! I can't believe how quickly he was out of them too. But I also love buying him new clothes. I realized I have a bad compulsion to shop for baby clothes. Its bad. I can't walk near little boy clothes without buying something for Will!! (At least I learned my new mom lesson and buy more practical things now, and things that he won't grow out of next week.)

For the most part, Will wears 3-6 month old clothes. He is about 24 inches long now and weighs about 14 pounds. So he has doubled his weight and grown 6 inches since he was born!!

Will has a very established night time routine now that works wonders: bathtime, lotion and pajamas, sit with lovey and pacifier in the rocking chair with Mommy for bedtime stories, eat couple ounces of formula, and off to bed. There are certainly nights where he does not sleep too well and wakes us up a lot. But for the most part, Will is asleep by 7:30 or 8 and wakes up only once at 2:00 or so to eat. Three times this week, he slept the entire night with no late night feeding! The little alarm clock in his brain always goes off at 5am, and I must say I would like to get up with sun, rather than before it, but beggars can't be choosers! We certainly get WAY more sleep than we used to! Yes, he is still in his car seat - but the car seat is now in the crib. We had to put a yoga block under it to keep him from rocking it though! Dad found him one time tipped over and out of the car seat! Yikes!

Here are a bunch of pictures of my big boy ...

He loves the Easter toy Aunt Mary and Uncle Steve got him. He still isn't good at finding toys on his own, and he can't play with them on his own. But he loves to eat them!! He also loves the little bunny Aunt Mary and Uncle Steve sent. Will now likes to sleep with stuffed animals and his loveys.

Will has taken to this strange habit of sucking on his bottom lip. I think its hilarious, but it drives his dad nuts. He makes this extremely loud smacking sound when he does it. He will only chew on his fingers - but he will suck on his lip! I tried to capture it in this picture - but Will's hair is getting long enough that it is starting to stick up into a little peak on the top of his head. I love it!

For the first time, Will sat in his stroller like a big boy. His infant car seat snaps into this stroller and that is how he has always ridden in it. But Saturday, he and I went for a walk with him in it this way. He just looked serious the whole time staring at the ground going by. Eventually, he went to sleep! :) Will LOVES Dr. Seuss, especially The Cat in the Hat. He just laughs and laughs at the pictures. No other books get quite the reaction that Dr. Seuss does.
Chatting with Daddy on Sunday afternoon.

Big boy smiling.

Bathtime before bed. Will loves to kick and splash so much that we have moved from the counter to the bath tub. (A strategically placed washcloth kept the rating of this picture PG. :) )

Bedtime reading with Mommy.

1 comment:

Julie said...

He has the sweetest little face! I can't wait to see him again!