Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Discharge!!

I received the news today from the doctor. The girls will be discharged Thursday afternoon or Friday morning!!!! The plan is, hopefully, for them BOTH to come home together. Carter was up to only 5 feedings a day (the other 3 by a feeding tube), but the doctor's new orders today were to take the tube out and put her on 8 feedings a day. If she can continue to gain weight over the next 48 hours, then she can come home with her sister.

So, we are signed up for our CPR class on Thursday morning, their first visit with the pediatrician is scheduled for 2:00 pm on Friday, and I am getting last minute things together for their arrival. I REALLY hope Carter does well with these feedings so they can come home together.

Here are their stats as of today:

Carter
4 lb 3.4 oz
17.9 inches long
11.8 inches head circumference

Catie
4 lb 6.15 oz
16.9 inches long
12.0 inches head circumference

The stats show they are anything but identical. Catie is a full inch shorter than her sister but weighs 3 ounces more. Oh they are both so cute - I just can't wait to get them home and have them all to ourselves!!

2 comments:

Ariail said...

Great news. I hope you get some rest before Friday!

Amber said...

They are so beautiful! I'm happy to hear that they are comming home!