Sunday, April 25, 2010

Homecoming

Bapa took some wonderful pictures from the day the girls came home. It was funny that they came home April 15th - the day I was originally scheduled to have my c-section. :-) We were overwhelemed with a lot of discharge information for the girls, including a CPR class that Bapa and Grandma took for us. Then, Ellis and I had one last quiet lunch at Rockaways (nothing like a big greasy burger) and headed to pick the girls up at about 3:00 that afternoon.

My parents picked up Will from day care and brought him to the hospital so that he could really be a part of bringing his sisters home. We had a little big brother party for him with presents for the new big brother. He was SO excited to finally meet Carter and Catie - it was really adorable! I was so proud of him. Although things are not always smooth with him, and the hours from about 5 to 9pm around here are extremely hectic and tiring when handling 3 year old Will along with the girls, he has really handled their "entry" into his world fantastically well.

Proud big brother waits in Bapa & Grandma's car for Mommy and Daddy to come out of the hospital with Carter and Catie.
Will meets the girls and me in the hospital lobby.
Will sees Carter and Catie in person for the first time.


Will's Big Brother party
We gave him a camera so that he could take pictures of the girls too!

The girls slept through everything. :-)


The stomp rockets were a really big hit - and still are!

2 comments:

Ariail said...

I love that you are REALLY smiling in all those pictuers. Must have felt wonderful to finally see all you your children together happy and healthy.

Alle said...

Congrats to all of you for finally getting home and starting your new family of 5! The girls are beautiful and I loved seeing the Big Brother party! What a great idea. Good luck in the next few weeks. I know y'all are doing great!