Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Girls Are Home

Just wanted to do a quick post with some pictures to let everyone know the girls are doing wonderfully and Daddy and I are doing okay too. We brought the girls home late Thursday afternoon. Whew - taking care of twin newborns is definitely not easy, especially with a 3 year old. But thank goodness these little girls pretty much just eat and then blissfully sleep, and their brother spent the weekend with Bapa and Grandma. It has given us a chance to get organized, figure out how to get their routine down, etc. One thing that is wonderful to the nth degree about the stay in the NICU is that the girls are already on a routine. They eat at the same time (every 3 hours at 2am, 5am, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, 8pm, 11pm etc) and then pretty much go right back to sleep until we wake them again. Despite their abundant sleep schedule, Dad and I are definitely exhausted.

They had their first doctor's appointment Friday, and he was very pleased at how healthy they were. Both girls weighed 4 pounds and 9 ounces! Yay!!

I will post more info about their homecoming, etc later. But here are a few pictures from the weekend:
Catie (on the left) and Carter (on the right)

Proud brother holding Catie
This is how the girls sleep all day long - we've become champion swaddlers in this house. :-)

9 comments:

Head Lima Bean said...

hooray! congrats on your homecoming!

Jennifer said...

Yay! We've been thinking about y'all all weekend!

Christa said...

just precious! So glad to hear they are gaining weight.

Mary C said...

I'm so glad! They are absolutely beautiful. Hope I can see you soon!

Mary said...

Oh I'm so glad! They are absolutely beautiful. I hope I can see you-and meet them-soon!

Leigh Ryan said...

Emily - congratulations! Your girls are beautiful - I know you are happy to have them home!

Julie said...

It looks like Carter is trying to tell Catie a secret. Love it!

Holly @ Life as a Thrifter said...

They are so precious!! I look forward to more pictures!!

jaime said...

Congratulations on the healthy girls! Glad they're home and you're adjusting well!